The result was a wonderful cupcake tree with a dozen Extreme Red Velvet Cupcakes & a Giant Chocolate Port Cupcake in a chocolate holiday wrapper for the winning bidder! My tree brought in $600!!! The winner also gets a cupcake catered party whenever they want!
Now one would think that with all that baking I would be sick of it ... well no, not really. So as I was surfing Tastespotting I can across a Mock Cranberry Bliss Bar recipe, you know like the Starbucks kind!!! So of course I had to try those, now I have to get them out of my house!!! These are so good and I think much better then Starbucks (who's I find a bit dry)
So thanks to My Little Mochi I give you my rendition of Cranberry Bliss!!
Cranberry Bliss Bars
makes about 32 triangles with extra sides
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
6 ounces (about 3/4 cup) white chocolate chips (or chopped white chocolate)
6 ounces cream cheese, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
1 T. fresh lemon juice
the zest from 1 fresh lemon, diced
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped, set aside
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1-2 tablespoons room temp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, mix together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add eggs, vanilla, ginger, and salt. Mix well.
- Gradually add flour. Mix until smooth. Stir in cranberries and white chocolate.
- Pour the batter into a well-greased 9×13-inch pan. Use a spatula to evenly spread the batter in the pan. Bake 25-35 minutes, until edges are light brown. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Make the frosting: Mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice until completely smooth.
- Make the drizzling icing: In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, milk and melted butter. Use enough milk to make a thick but drizzly consistency. I used closer to 2 tablespoons.
- When the cake/cookie is fully cooled, frost. Sprinkle the top with ½ c. chopped cranberries.
- Put the drizzling icing into a ziploc bag and snip off a tiny bit of the corner. Drizzle the icing on top in whatever pattern you like.Let sit in a cool place for about 2 hours (if you can stand it) Cut into squares or triangles.