I love to bake for the holidays but I always seem to run out of time or I don't have the time to bake for the gatherings I am going to. While shopping last week I noticed Hershey's has some new Kisses that I thought would be perfect for those holiday cookies you have to bring or for your kid's school party. Of course I didn't have time to whip up cookies from scratch so I did the next best thing ... I made Candy Bar Cookies. OMG these are so easy, really good and look so festive with the Peppermint, Mint & Caramel Hershey Kisses!
So here is what you do ...
1. Get the refrigerator dough from the grocery store - I used sugar, chocolate chip and brownies.
(When using the store bought brownies, place them in the freezer overnight. They will still be gooey but not as bad)
2. Slice the various dough into 1" thick slices, then into 4 quarters.
3. Place 1 of the quarters into a lined mini muffin pan, repeat until all the pans are filled.
4. Bake 2 mini muffin pans at a time (24 cookies) at 350 for approx 8-10 minutes (cookies should not look wet in the center but you don't want them brown either.)
5. While they are baking remove the wrappers from the kisses you plan to use.
6. Remove them from the oven and place a kiss in the center, slightly pushing it into the cookie.
7. Let cool on a rack for about 10 minutes then carefully remove to cool completely on wire rack.
8. If you have extra mini muffin pans, you can let them cool all the way in the pans; if you don't and need to bake more cookies, place in the fridge for about 10 minutes and then remove to wire rack.
Just remember, they look impressive, they taste great and nobody has to know you didn't slave all day baking ... it will be our little secret, ENJOY!
FYI - Don't want to use Kisses, why not try mini peanut butter cups or cut your favorite candy bar into Kiss size squares and use instead. You can even fill them with your favorite Ganche, the candy isle is the limit :)